Here are a few Do’s and Don’ts when getting your home ready for a showing.
Few tips to get your home ready to show-
- Make all the beds.
- Pick up all the toys and anything laying around the house.
- Clean the bathrooms and flush all the toilets
- Do the dishes and clear off all the counter tops
- Vacuum and Dust
- Make sure all the light bulbs are working
- Make sure lawn is mowed, weeds are pulled and everything outside is picked up.
- Make the house look like you are having guests over
- If you are able to turn on all the lights and open up all the blinds/curtains do so before you leave.
- Leave the house and allow them time to look at it
- If you have animals and are able, it is good to take them with you.
A few don’ts-
- If you can help it don’t stay for the showing! It makes the buyers feel more in a rush and they won’t take the right amount of time to view the home.
- Don’t spray too much smell- it will look like you are masking an odor and can turn buyers away
- Don’t rush the buyers out of the home.
- Don’t leave a mess- most buyers can’t see past it
Make the home as welcoming as you can. Buyers that tend to stay longer in the home tend to have a better chance of liking the house and making an offer.